Abhyanga is an Ayurvedic massage therapy that involves massage of the entire body from the head to the toe with oil.
Abhayanga has great importance when we talk about Ayurveda Panchkarma therapy. It is a relaxing and refreshing full body massage with medicated herbal oils customized as per dosha and health issue to take care of physical and mental wellbeing. Abhyanga said to set up the natural body equilibrium by opening the clogs. As per Ayurveda Abhyanga is a part daily regimen and it has numerous benefits.
- Nourishes the entire body and work as anti aging.
- Tones the muscles and strengthens them.
- Lubricates the joints.
- Increases circulation.
- Stimulates all systems of the body.
- Help to detoxify and rejuvenate the body.
- Reduces stress level in mind and hence promotes good sleep
- Enhance the ability of body for self healing, which is the most desirable benefit of abhyanga.
- That is why Acharyas has included it in to dincharya ( daily regimen) to prevent the disease formation.
We recommend Abhyanga to everyone; it can be for treating a health issue or just for relaxation. Abhyanga is always beneficial when it is done with proper knowledge.