The word Chakra means wheel or disk and Basti stands for a retaining or holding . Chakra basti, also called nabhi basti, because it is applied to the umbilical region. Nabhi the umbilicus is considered as marma in Ayurveda. Marma (vital point) is an anatomical area where arteries, tendons, flesh, veins, bones and joints meet to form the location of life. Anatomical areas where structures pulsate and where the pain exists on pressing can be named as marma.Acharya Sushrutha said there are 107 marmas in the body. Nabhi marma is the vital center where 72,000 nadis (the subtle energy pathways) converge.
- Acts on solar plexus thus balance the digestive fire
- Strengthen the power of digestion and absorption
- Facilitates the release of deep seated emotions
- Balances the nervous system.
- Increases immunity.
- Nourishes and rebuilds your energy centres.
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Poor appetite
- Abdominal pain and discomfort
- Dryness all over body.
Importance Of Chakra Basti
- The digestive fire (Jatharagni) is located in the stomach area and normal activity is essential for the proper and complete digestion of food. It is responsible for all the metabolic processes and assists growth & maintains energy level. So it is very important to maintain Agni. Chakra basti takes out the emotional and physical stress or imbalance at stomach and balances the digestive fire and improves the process of digestion. Also Nabhi Chakra is a cosmic center and it is one among the seven chakra. It is said that Nabhi Chakra encompasses all the channels, connections and current layout of your body.
- That is why after hearing any socking news you immediately feel it at your umbilicus. If you are in sorrow your energy, digestion, awareness etc also go down. So, It is not only spherically influences the anatomical body, but also gives us an update on the layout of our cosmic body.
- Chakra basti at Nabhi chakra nourishes energy center and balances the nervous system. However few sets of treatments are recommended for setting up proper balance of digestive fire and nervous system. Duration of treatment: 45 minutes.